Field Inspection Services
WVEI offers an array of field services to include all categories of inspection of drill pipe, BHA, travel equipment, CVD & Tally, and derrick inspection. In addition, WVEI also provides failure analysis, 3rd party monitoring, hardness testing, and refacing (lathe or sandpaper).
WVEI offers a wide variety of field inspection services along with other associated services that can be performed in the yard, well, or rig site. These include used drill pipe, bottom hole assembly, clean, visual, and drift inspections of tubing and casing.
- Portable 2PT EMI Inspection of used drill pipe and used working string tubing
- Ultrasonic End Area Inspection of used drill pipe slip upset end areas
- Black light connection inspection of drill collar, subs and hevi-wate drill pipe
- Magnetic Particle Inspection of the slip/upset end areas
- Full Length Visual Tube/OD Gauging
- Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauging
- Visual Thread Inspection of Rotary Shoulder Connections to include thread profile gauging
- Dimensional Inspection of Rotary Shoulder Connections
- Rotary shoulder connection refacing with lathe or sandpaper
- Casing & Tubing; clean and visually inspect threads, and full length drift (CVD)
- Trucking and field forklift
- Small rig lift rental for inspection needs
- Thread protector haul off
- Hardness testing Rockwell C Scale
- Portable 4-pt EMI Inspection of casing & tubing 2 1/16″ OD to 5 1/2″ OD
- Centralizer Installation
- Hardbanding and Grinding
- Third Party monitoring
All inspection work is performed and monitored by inspection personell that have been qualified to the requirements of the API Specifications and Recommended Practices. Inspection personnel have also been trained in the requirements of the T.H. Hill Associates Standard DS-1®.